Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blessed..

Everything happens for a reason. Pain comes and goes, but lessons last a lifetime. God is good. He wants the best for your life. It feels as if the world is righting itself and I can't explain what it feels to completely surrender to God. I feel free.

Last night I stayed up with my friend till 1 o'clock just praising God for who He is and how He works. Some things were said and I want to write them here because they may be just what you need to hear. "I'm healing. I can feel it, I didn't cry today! It will not get easier, but it will get more beautiful. And God says He loves me because I am perfectly flawed. I'm flawed, but one day I'll stand before God flawless...It took me to breakdown and see how weak I really am just to see how beautiful and strong God is and how He has designed the world for me just because He can. I am looking at the world through new eyes and it feels like I am seeing for the first time....It is amazing how life can be so ugly, but the scars when they heal, boy are they going to be beautiful. These scars were touched by God and turned into beauty. He loves our scars because they tell of a time of suffering and a time when God leaned down and touched our lives just because He loves us...We don't like everything that happens, but God has a plan...He wants me and I never understood that. But now I kind of do. He wants me because He desires to pour into me. He wants me because He has more in store for me or you than our brains could imagine. I was selfish to deny Him the privilege and who am I to deny the Creator of the Earth? My life is-and always has been-His and so is yours. He deserves all of us not the broken us."

This is my own personal reflections on how God is blessing me and teaching me to deal with struggles that have arrived in my life. I don't need to reflect on how awful things have been. I need to focus on God and what He is asking of me and He in turn will take care of my problems as long as I trust in Him. I need Him more than anything.

I have decided to devote the next year of my life working on turning my selfish behavior into selfless actions. I want to do more for others than I do for myself. Most of all I desire to help others see how blessed they truly are. It is incredible what happens when you look past yourself.

"Life is worth every second of pain, because every second of pain reminds us that we are still alive."

No comments:

Post a Comment